I used to use the LoseIt! app. I've used that one on and off in college and more so over the last year. I'm going to do a little list bullet style to communicate my thoughts on both apps. These are simply my opinions and they probably differ from someone else.
My Fitness Pal:
- More user friendly. I also like the web based program as well.
- There are more brand name foods listed in the database.
- The barcode scanner actually works. Huge difference from LoseIt!.
- Once all food and exercise have been entered for a day, I click a "complete this entry" button and it says if I keep eating and exercising the same as I did that day, I would weigh X amount in 5 weeks. That makes me think about my long term goals.
- Recipes can be created, just like in LoseIt!.
- There's really nothing I haven't liked about it - yet.
- I've used it for years.
- It has a better looking web based program, but looks don't matter all that much.
I apologize for my lack of posting. There hasn't been much going on since the wedding, so not very much to blog about. I'll try to do better!