Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Knitting.

I've been knitting dishcloths. Well, I'm almost done with my second one I've ever made. I am actually really excited about it because I just recently taught myself how to purl.

I know, I taught myself how to knit two years ago. Recently, I learned I knit in what is known as the Continental style of knitting. I learned to knit this way because I knew how to crochet first, and then knit, so I held the yarn like I did when I crochet. I had always been intimated about learning to purl because I felt like I knitted backwards. I learned how to knit on About.com and that is where I learned about English and Continental knitting. Last weekend, I taught myself how to purl.

I wanted to make dishcloths, and not just boring, all knitted stitches. That is why I wanted to learn to purl. Now that I can, all I want to do is knit. I had lost my favorite set of knitting needles somewhere in the apartment (the ones I needed for the dishcloths) and ordered new ones from KnitPicks.com. A few days after I ordered the nice, fancy new needles I found my old ones. Oh well.

Along with the new needles, I ordered some wool yarn to make myself a pair of fingerless hand warmers. My hands get so cold at work. I can't wait until the yarn and needles arrive so I can get started on that project. I will post pictures when it is completed.

Tomorrow, Sean and I are headed to Winona to spend Christmas with the family. Then, we're headed to Sleepy Eye for a few days. It would be great if my knitting supplies came today so I will be able to start my project over the weekend.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

BeccakBecca said...

Are you on Ravelry yet? Best knitting website there is! :)

Kali said...

No, not yet, but I will be. Thanks for the tip! :)