Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I think I outdid myself

I made delicious cake yesterday.  And by delicious, I'm talking about dark chocolate cake, toasted marshmallow filling, and chocolate frosting.  I got the recipe for it here.  I used a different chocolate frosting because I'm not a fan of malt powder. 


I mean, just look at it!  It look wonderful, minus my horrible frosting skills.  I'm slowly getting better, at least I hope.


I think I should have divided the two layers so there were four layers instead of two.  That is the only thing I would change.  Although the frosting was good, it was a little too runny.  Also, I think it is a little grainy so I need to do some more frosting experimentation.  I think my State Fair preparation is coming along quite nice!

1 comment:

The Lingens said...

Grainy frosting usually needs more mixing - at least in my limited experience. Also a good test for consistency for spreading is to put your spatula in the frosting. If it falls over quickly - it is too thin. ML