Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The untold beauty of a marigold


That is a beautiful flower that just opened its bloom.  It is a quiet, understated beauty.  I never really liked marigolds.  I know what you're thinking, "Then why did you plant some?"  Well, marigolds are a natural bug/pest repellent.  I was going to plant them around my community garden plot to keep unwanted intruders at bay.  And we all know how the community garden didn't pan out, so now I have marigolds blooming.  Once the bloom opens and looks like the above picture, it starts to look like...


...this.  Slightly lighter color, layering petals on top of petals.  I'm starting to change my mind about marigolds.  I have started to enjoy their simple elegance.  It really is great seeing plants grow from a tiny seed I've planted.  I think it's truly amazing.  I can't wait for the marigolds to continue to develop even more.

Happy blooming!

No comments: