Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I've caught it...

...and by it I mean the Lingen gardening bug! I have gotten in contact with a group that is forming a community garden a couple miles away from the new apartment. There is one main person who is organizing everything and she definitely needs help with the organizing. It seems like everyone else involved want a plot or live nearby, but do not actually want to do that work to get the garden off the ground. I emailed the organizer this morning and told her I didn't have much else going on and would love to help out. I'm getting excited! It's looking like within the next month we'll have the garden up and running (if everything gets done). When I told my dad this on the phone last night he said, "You better call your brother."

I need to figure out what I want to grow... The plots are probably going to be 5 feet by 10 feet. I'm thinking some tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini. And of course some flowers (marigolds) around the edge to keep bugs away. If you have any growing ideas, let me know.

Also, check out my mother's blog post, that is slightly hilarious to me, especially the vodka comment. Ha.

1 comment:

The Wistes said...

Oh you Lingens and your green thumbs!
~Becky