Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Think Spring.

I've been told I will have a community garden plot this spring.  I'm slightly skeptical because I don't know if the city of Saint Paul has begun work taking out the grass and bringing black dirt in.  I will find out tonight if work has started yet on my way to the garden meeting. 

I'm still pretty skeptical about it though.  Now as a group we are deciding on a design for the garden.  I really wish we could just get the dirt down, stake out plots, and just go to gardening town.  But, that isn't happening yet and I am starting to get frustrated with it.  If I hadn't of paid for my plot already I would just say, "No thanks," but it's too late for that.  Maybe for next year I will look into finding a plot elsewhere. 

I've been told spring planting goal start date is June 5.  That seems awfully late to me.  Maybe I've just gotten used to hearing about Travis's garden and how early things have been planted there.  (He is a little eager, but I don't blame him -- warm weather makes me want to go out planting too.)

I know, I know.  I'm frustrated with it and shouldn't complain about it.  I know Sean is sick of listening to me complain about not being able to garden.  Maybe in the time spent not gardeing I should figure out what I want to plant.  So far I have yellow bush wax beans, yellow onions, carrots, and marigolds started in a seed starter kit.  (I plan on posting pictures later.) 

I haven't decided what else I want to plant.  Hmm....

1 comment:

The Lingens said...

It is so nice that you want to garden. You have the same green thumb gene that your dad and brother have. So glad is it not black like mine. ML