Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Give a pint, get a pint.

Sean and I gave blood today for Memorial Blood Center's blood drive at the St. Paul Winter Carnival

We gave a pint of blood, then got a free pint of beer from Great Waters Brewing Company.  Usually, my hemoglobin is too low, but not today.

I think it was totally a fair trade.

We were going to go ice skating afterward, but after meeting up with a friend of Sean's for our free beer, I was too cold.  We decided ice skating will have to wait for another day.

Donating blood is something I want to start doing more frequently.  A person is able to donate every 8 weeks and with so many places to donate in the Twin Cities, I think it is can be easily accomplished.  Who knows?  Maybe someday I need blood that someone else has donated.  I'm just paying it forward early. 

Seriously though, free beer for donating blood.  Awesome.

No comments: