Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Favorites.

1. eos Shave Cream.  A friend from work told me about this and I love it.  It doesn't lather like other shave creams, but instead is almost lotion consistency.  It makes my legs super soft and smooth.  At Target, it is about the same price as other shave creams I've used.  I recommend it!

2. I'm going to my parent's house this weekend, this afternoon really.  I'm super excited because Sean and I haven't been there since January.  Sean has to work, but that just means I get to sleep in my childhood bed in the middle.  Just like I used to. 

3. I'm going to attempt making homemade deodrant soon.  A quick Pinterest search says this is totally possible.  I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I have most of the ingredients already anyway.  The only thing I need is coconut oil, which I am out of anyway.  Most recipes I've seen call for coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch, and any essential oils you want.  A few drops of tea tree oil help because it's anti-bacterial.  I've heard peppermint oil gives it a nice clean scent.  I have the tea tree oil, but will need to find some essential oil somewhere.  I'll do a post about making it and then let you know about my results.  I'm trying to make as many natural products as possible and not use any unnecessary products and chemicals.  We'll see how it goes.

4. Speaking of coconut oil, I've heard that if you melt a few teaspoons of cocnut oil and then put it on your hair for 30 minutes, then wash, it really moisturizes dry, damaged hair.  I'm going to give it a go once I remember to pick up some coconut oil from Trader Joe's.  Maybe this weekend or early next week.

5.  I'm going to leave you with a video of a song that I've been into lately.  The Current plays it and it's on Live Current volume 8 which I got when I became a MPR member in October.  Anyway, enjoy the song!  I know I do.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments: