Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Favorites.

Where has this week gone?!  It was just last Friday, I swear.

1. A couple weeks ago I talked about a coconut oil hair treatment.  Last night, I tried it out.  Yes, I think my hair was more hydrated, but by this morning it felt basically the same.  Other than making a huge mess in my bathroom sink and counter, it didn't really do much.  Maybe give it a go and test it out for yourself?

2. I'm going to try making these, spicy roasted chickpeas.  Last night I went grocery shopping and bought a couple cans of garbanzo beans to test it out.  I found this recipe on Pinterest months ago, but haven't gotten around to making it yet.  The pin had suggested using ranch seasoning instead of a spicy seasoning and that sounds delicious. 

3. This was totally me last night hauling in groceries:

some ecards
Sometimes, I like to use my big blue IKEA bag to carry in multiple grocery bags.  I throw that on my shoulder and then carry everything else with my hands.  The crappy thing is, there are a total of 4 doors and 16 stairs from my car in the parking lot to the inside of my apartment.  Yesterday, it was rough and I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to carry everything in.  But, I did it like a champ.  Grocery shopping is easier when Sean is there to help carry in everything.

4. Have you heard of Target's Cartwheel?  It is a customer loyalty program where you select items to receive 5 or 10 percent off of at the register when the cashier scans your bar code.  I used it for the first time last night.  Using that I had saved only $1.29 with Cartwheel, but I was able to use mobile coupons as well as Target and Manufacture coupons.  All in all, I think I like Cartwheel because it is saving us money in the long run.  For example, I picked up some Clear Men Scalp Therapy shampoo for Sean.  Each bottle was marginally $5.19.  Well, Cartwheel took off 5 percent off the original price, so making it $4.93 a bottle.  Then, I had a manufactures buy one get one free coupon and the cashier took off the original $5.19 price.  Next, I had a mobile coupon for $2 off one bottle making my grand total drop from $10.38 for two bottles of shampoo to $2.93.  I felt it was a win in my book.  Check out Cartwheel if you're an avid Target shopper!

5. I'm thinking about working some more on de-cluttering and downsizing material things in our apartment.  Sean and I love where we live, but next year I know they're going to raise the rent - yet again.  And I've had enough of it.  Our rent is $75 more a month than it was when we first signed our lease.  This is our third year here and we love it, but it will just be getting too expensive.  I'd like to find a house to rent at a decent price or we may have to consider downsizing back to a larger one bedroom apartment.  If we go back to a one bedroom apartment, we have too much stuff, so we'll see what happens.  It's a good thing we have until spring 2014 to figure this out! 

Have a nice weekend!  Hopefully the sun comes out.  My garden appreciates the rain, but I definitely do not right now.

No comments: