Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Five Things on Friday

It's finally Friday, yay!

1.  One of my new favorite products is Origins Clear Improvements active charcoal mask.  Basically, I put it on my face, let it dry and my skin gets all tight and then wash it off.  Apparently the active charcoal in it is supposed to clean junk out of your pores.  I'm not sure how much I believe that, but I've definitely seen an improvement in my skin since I started using it.  I ordered it from Birchbox when I had a 20% code.  My face is naturally slightly reddish in tone and when I use this once or twice a week I notice the redness has gone down.  I've used it 6ish times thus far and clearly not very much has been used.  It's kind of expensive ($23 from Birchbox) but this bottle is definitely going to last me a long time.

My massive man hand

2. Boots had her 5th birthday yesterday.  Yes, I'm an obsessed cat lady, but I'm only obsessed with my cat.  I made her a kitty cake (Joy the Baker style).  I layered tuna and some dry food.  She loved it. 

Birthday kitty

3. My tomatoes at my garden plot are coming in nicely.  I need to take some photos for the blog.  I also need to stake them up better because they're kind of a mess.  My peas are done and I need to pull them all out.  Sean works on Sunday, so maybe when he's at work I'll go to the garden and work up a storm/sweat.

4. Speaking of gardening, my dad and brother have a growing contest of something every year.  This year, I'm participating and we're growing beets.  My first round of beets did not come up.  At the urging of Travis, I planted a second crop and they're now a couple inches tall.  Maybe when I do some major weeding of the garden on Sunday I'll take pictures of everything.

5. Sean doesn't work tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous - projected high of 76 degrees (!!!).  That will be a lot nicer than the 95 degree days we've been having.  There's stuff going on in our neighborhood this weekend, so maybe we'll walk around and check it out.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: