Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Did you notice?

Did you notice I didn't blog about Weigh in Wednesday this morning?  After all, it is Wednesday.

Let me tell you why.  Seeing as yesterday was my birthday, I don't think calories should count on your birthday.  I know, what irrational thinking.  That is exactly why I am overweight now.  Trust me, I know.

But.  My one wish for my birthday was that Sean get me an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.  Boy, did he come through.  He got me the six inch sized cake.  It layers red velvet cake with cake batter flavored ice cream.  It was amazing.

Not only did Sean get me a fantastic cake, he also made my birthday a thousand times better.  You see, yesterday I was feeling pretty blue.  I totally wanted to have a pity party by myself for the entire day.  I think I've figured out the reason why I was so upset, and no, it's not only because I discovered my first wrinkle.  I've been having a mini quarter life crisis.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with my life and I can guarantee it is not what I am doing now.  I want to find something where I am genuinely happy to wake up and go to work every day.  Yesterday and the days leading up to it I was completely freaking out.  I still kind of am, but I will find my way.

Anyway, about my birthday evening.  I got home from work and Sean showed me the cake in the freezer and the bottle of wine he picked up for me.  He cooked me dinner: steak, roasted veggies, and baked potato.  I drank my bottle of wine over the course of the evening.  Sean gave me Adele's CD so I can belt it while in the car.  He let me watch Glee, New Girl, and Raising Hope.  He let me fall asleep on the couch with a lap kitty.  It was a fantastic end to the day.

Of course phone calls from my parents, Becky and Charlie, and a text message from Travis were very important to me as well.  Katie even sang me happy birthday when I got to work yesterday morning.  All in all, my 24th birthday was pretty great.  It was definitely better than last year's recovery from my appendectomy surgery.

Today though, calories totally count.  Now it is all focus on losing weight for the wedding dress and reminding myself of how badly I want to reach my goal weight. 


2 comments:

The Wistes said...

I noticed! I'm glad you ended up having a good birthday- and you have so many things to look forward to this year. Maybe we'll get to see you soon (and go to Zumba). ~Becky

Christa said...

I like your thinking about birthday calories not counting:) It makes sense to me. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I am impressed with Sean...what a keeper;)

If it makes you feel any better I swear I spotted not 1 but 2 gray hairs the other day:( I feel you about the midlife crisis!