Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

C25K: W1D2

As I explained in my previous post, I've started the Couch to 5K running program.  (You can read more information about the program and the app I use on my iPod by clicking the link.)  Since it is the end of July and in the middle of the summer, I want to do the workouts in the morning or later at night when it is cooler outside.  The app on my iPod allows you to make a playlist for the 30 minute session and then makes a ringing noise for each switch to walking from running.  It also lets you know when the workout is half over.

This morning I went at 9 for the week 1 day 2 workout.  The workout consists of:
  • 5 minute walking warm-up
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 90 seconds walking
  • 60 seconds running
  • 5 minute walking cool down
Obviously, I don't run very well, that is definitely clear.  To accomplish my goal of becoming a runner I want to start by doing a 5K.  This morning I jogged a lot more than I did on Friday.  I am very happy about that and proud of myself for that.  I successfully ran (slowly) six out of the eight 60 second increments from start to finish.  The other two 60 second increments I started walking and then about five seconds later, the bell to start walking sounded.  I wish I would have kept going those last five seconds.

I'm going to be doing the Couch to 5K workouts every other day and then will be doing Wii Fit on the days I don't do the C25K.  Sean says I should include a rest day one day throughout the week.  I haven't decided what day I'm going to make a rest day yet.

So far, the lifestyle change has been going really well.  I'm going to be weighing myself on the 1st and 15th of each month.  Tomorrow is the first of the month so tomorrow will be weigh day.  I will keep you all posted.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

The Lingens said...

You did SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well while you were here. I am proud of you. I will try to be helpful - ML