Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday

So, I'm doing something new.  Instead of doing weigh days on the 1st and 15th of every month, I'm going to weigh myself every Wednesday.  Hence the name "Weigh in Wednesday" -- obviously.

The reason I am switching to weekly weigh ins is to help keep myself on track with my lifestyle change.  I find that I tend to eat crappier after a weigh in because I know the next weigh in isn't for another two weeks.  To prevent that behavior from happening in the first place, I need to do weekly weigh ins.

I also chose Wednesday for a reason (and not just because of the catchy title I could use).  I notice I tend to eat a lot better when I'm at work all week and the weekends are more difficult, calorie wise.  Clearly I didn't want weigh ins to be on Mondays because I don't want to ruin it over the weekend.  I thought about choosing Fridays because it is the end of the work week and I (generally) will have eaten well over the course of it.  But then I didn't to have an excuse to eat crappier on the weekend since I just had the weigh in.  So, Wednesday it is.

Today is Wednesday.  And I weighed myself.  I know, I know.  You're shouldn't weigh yourself every day because the number on the scale can fluctuate day-to-day.  I weighed myself anyway and am pleased about the result.  I'm not making excuses for yesterday's weight gain, but I'm down two pounds from yesterday's weigh in.  I think the 1.3 pound gain is just what I needed for a good kick in the pants to get myself into this lifestyle change again.

November 16: -2 pounds, -22.4 pound total

Do you think by next Wednesday I could be down 25 pounds from the beginning of my lifestyle change? Let's hope so!

Note: my next weight goal is to be down 40 pounds from the beginning by Christmas.  That means I will have to lose 3.52 pounds per week, with Thanksgiving thrown in there as well.  Let's do this!

1 comment:

The Lingens said...

I applaud your ambition but that is a pretty fast weight loss. Please stay healthy. ML

PS You are a wonderful inspiration!!!!