Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Getting comfortable and not caring.

I've been wanting to write this post for a while now.  While I have lost 36.7 pounds since beginning this lifestyle change on July 28, 2011, it is nowhere near my goal weight of 160 pounds

I know the reason why I haven't been losing more weight.  I'm getting comfortable at my weight right now.  I'm at the weight I was in college and my clothes that were too small are fitting again.  It feels great to be able to wear jeans I haven't worn in over a year.  I thought I was being silly when last spring I moved a bunch of clothes that were too small. 

On Saturday, while doing laundry I needed a pair of jeans to wear out of the apartment.  The only jeans I had are way too big.  I could pull them down with them buttoned and zipped.  I slid a belt on and kept those suckers on. 

I'm proud of how far I've come, but I am not happy with my weight right now.  I have a beautiful wedding dress to slim down one size to fit into.  I had a dream last night I recieved a phone call from the bridal shop letting me know my dress was in and I needed to come in for my first fitting.  I woke up terrified and immediately checked my phone to see if that was indeed true.  Thankfully, it is not.  But.  I still need to lose more weight to fit into that gorgeous white dress.  I really can't wait to wear it.  My mom will agree, it's pretty damn awesome.

I know what it takes to lose weight.  I just need to do it.  It's a motivation issue.  I wish I could slap the picture of my wedding dress all over to keep reminding me that if I don't work on the weight loss, it is not going to fit.  Every morning in my half sleep daze of turning my alarms on my cell phone off, I look at the pictures my mom took of me in the dress.  Every.  Single.  Morning.  I can't have pictures of my wedding dress laying around my apartment though, so not posting it everywhere.  I definitely do not want Sean to see it. 

Any motivation tips?

P.S.  Sean we're working out tonight.  I might be running...

3 comments:

Katie Vanden Busch said...

Motivation issues stink. If you find a remedy or some good tips, send them my way...

Yours in the struggle
~Katie

The Wistes said...

I am very impressed with your success so far; you have motivated me to get out and exercise more, too. We need to get together soon so you can push my baby around! And Spring is always a great motivator.
When I used to have more money I would buy these gardening/recipe books with beautiful pictures that have mostly healthy recipes in; well they all have vegetables or fruit in them... which kind of goes along with the fact that you will hopefully be gardening this year. I highly recommend "pretty delicious" by Candice Kumai, which is healthy, trendy and fun (but actually not a gardening book).
~Becky

The Lingens said...

I am having the same motivation issues. I got out the Just Dance 3 yesterday. I did a half hour of that and half hour of Wii Fit. It helped to get off the couch and move. I got back on the Wii fit today too. hHere is a cool quote on my Pinterest page. Check it out.