Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The weekend and life in general

This weekend Sean and I went to visit my parents in Sleepy Eye.  My parents had gotten a quarter beef and offered to give us some, so of course we took them up on the offer.  By the way, we had steaks tonight and they were delicious.

I was supposed to start week 3 of the Couch to 5K program, but with going to Sleepy Eye on Friday, that did not happen.  Instead, my dad, Sean, and I went to the Brown County Fair.  My dad saw a few people he knew (six to be exact, Sean and I were counting) and I spotted Ed and Mary from Solar Drive-In in Springfield.  It was nice to catch up with them.

Saturday morning I got up and went for a run.  Surprisingly, the transition wasn't so horrible.  Yes, there was a point where I my lungs were screaming at me telling me to stop.  Yes, I did walk about 20 feet in the middle of the 3-minute runs.  But yet, I still felt good about it.  I'm making progress!

Sean and I also went for a bike ride around Sleepy Eye Lake, total of 4.5 miles with biking to the lake and around Kiefer Park.  'Twas enjoyable. 

Overall, it was a very nice weekend.  Now, on to a little relaxing before I go to sleep.  What did you do this weekend?

No comments: